Monday, October 17, 2011

The Power of Humility and Forgiveness























It's been seven days now since the day I decided to do a regular walk with God.
In this one hour "walk", I try to to converse to Him by meditating, listening to some 
inspirational songs, praying the rosary, or just by looking at the beauty of nature.
From this walk, I have come to understand how God wants us to communicate to Him. 
He truly does. He is delighted to see us coming to Him, bringing ourselves closer.

I have had several questions answered already because of this "walk with God"; one of them 
was given today. Today, God showed to me the power of humility. He showed to me that
in order for me to be truly happy, I need to accept my imperfections, my mistakes, 
my weakness; that in order to win I need to lose and give way for others to realize
that life is not in anyway a competition, and that living is about sharing, caring, and 
loving others for His greater glory. 

There is a need therefore to mend fences, a need to reconnect and rebuild
our broken bridges, a need to humble ourselves and ask forgiveness, a need 
to let go of our pride and allow God to heal us through our reconciliation 
with others. This is the only way to happiness. This is the only way to God.
For loving others is loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment