Friday, September 23, 2011

Faces of God


Allow me to write about some important people who recently moved and touched me.
I consider them God's faces because I believe they have been sent to me
to inspire me and bring me closer to God.

This is Ms. Glenda Demata. I call her "Ms. G."
Thrilling, exciting, energetic, and refreshing 
are the words that would come into mind as I
think of this truly wonderful friend.

Her presence is just a gift from God --
sparkling,
spinning,
dancing, and
free.



Ms. G. taught me how to smile and enjoy what life has to offer...
that I am supposed to be free...
free from the dictations of my selfish self,
and free from what others want.
What matters therefore is that I gracefully connect
my self to others like a web -- beautiful, strong, endless connecting.

She is soon to become a wife.
I wish her good health and happiness in her married life.
















This is Bishop Soane Patita Paini Mafi, the Bishop of Tonga.
He is leaving Niue today after a week of visit (Niue is actually part of his diocese). 

Meeting him is like meeting God. He is full of grace and inspiration.
I seldom meet people like him -- someone of humbling humility 
and great wisdom.

From him, I learned that my relationship with God is a decision 
and not something operated by feelings. According to him,
this should be my guiding light and source of inspiration on
times when I don't feel His presence. To be there patiently waiting
is already something. "Wait patiently. He will come."

Mrs. Vilisi Nosa, a good friend,
a dependable colleague, my firm and wise
department chair at Niue High School.

I consider her as one of my best teachers in
this lifetime. She is sharp, witty, and oozing 
with personality. I'm sure she would think
otherwise, but I think she is sweet and truly caring.

I have great respect for this truly amazing woman.
Her profoundness is just unfathomable.



My "Vi" taught me how to be strong,
to be in control,
firm,
to stand against mediocrity
and apathy,
to teach people to respect me
and accept me for who I am.

This very spiritual person also taught me how to deepen my faith in God.
She makes me want to be closer to Him.
You see, when this woman came into my life,
I started to update my blog, read passages from the Bible,
and became interested again to talk about my relationship with my God.
Hehehe...That's Vi.

I think I'm shaping up, changing, and growing rapidly.
Thanks to these people and everyone who has helped me become
who I am today.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jake. These are high praises indeed;so very kind of you. Remember, God loves you and has a plan for your life. Trust Him, surrender your life to Him more each day. Keeping you in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jake...this is one of the biggest surprises to me today...you made me cry...if you could just imagine that...gut level emotion...that's what you did to me my friend...i did not expect such influence and inspiration that i was able to extend to you...be assured that I will continue to do the "job" that God made me do...You inspire me so much to continue...and be of service to God...through writing...Mike is extending his "regards" to you...Let's continue to inspire each other..while we do God's work...this can be our strong defense when and in times when things are blurring and seem to be lifeless...God bless you friendship...miss you much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one inspiring blog! Thank you very much for such a rekindling experience. God bless! Happy new year!

    Alxen

    ReplyDelete