Thursday, September 1, 2011

You are Mine.


This more or less captures
what I felt from yesterday's encounter with God.
At two o' clock early morning,
I was awaken by a pent up emotion...
feeling heavy deep inside.


Unable to determine where it was coming from,
I started to worry.

I was like a wounded eagle,
weakening,
loosing power,
dying.


Then, I called on Him.
"Lord, help me. Speak to me."


I lay down,
shuffled my inspirational song list,
and listened.


"Maging Akin Muli" (Be Mine Again),
was the song that first came in...
I decided to play it again and again...
Then suddenly, it all dawned on me,
all my pains,
my worries,
my sacrifices,
pressures,
tensions,
and how God has always been there
to save me.

I remembered all the people He sent,
and how they have become instrumental 
in taking me to where I am now.

He was just at my side all this time,
untiring,
full of love,
full of care.

I cried...
and just cried...
and allowed Him to work in me,
speak to me,
heal me.

Then I thanked Him.
Praised Him.

And when I opened my eyes,
the sun slowly came out,
stretching its arms mightily,
blazing,
full of power,
inspiring!

How wonderful!I told myself.

I got up,
prepared myself for school,
wore a smile,
felt better.
It was a brand new day for me.

Here's a copy of the song translated in English.
Thanks to Tingklingjade for the translation.
 http://en.netlog.com/tinklingjade/blog/blogid=3692463

Be Mine Again


When your touchy heart grows cold towards me
When joy abandons your distressed heart
When your easily-terrified heart trembles in fear
When clouds of gloom shadow your covetous soul

I am with you, always waiting for your one and only call.
This love of mine is a yearning in my heart
As you return to my loving care,
Quiet yourself and listen... and be mine again.

You don't realize that I, too, miss your voice
Your joy and pain is my happiness and distraught
If you are still unaware of my innermost thoughts
Discover the truth: Who you really are.

I am with you, always waiting for your one and only call.
This love of mine is a yearning in my heart
As you return to my loving care,
Quiet yourself and listen... and be mine again.

3 comments: