Saturday, August 27, 2011

Memento

It was the 14th day of February, yet there I was walking down the corridor feeling jumpy about how the concert I was organizing for the school will turn out. I felt as if I was being twitched from every direction as though a superhero is trying to save the world from falling. That feeling wasn’t really new to me, not really, not at all.

“I must hurry”, I told myself. I walked as briskly as I could, determined to accomplish my list. Suddenly, a familiar face came into sight. “Wait! What is he doing here?” “Could he be looking for me?” “No! Maybe not… maybe yes?” “Could he be single still?” “Geeeehhh…! Is he here for his kids?” All these questions played in my mind.

I must admit I missed the person. I remember he was my seatmate in high school. We used to chat and poke jokes at each other. We would talk about our likes and dislikes, our frustrations, our hopes, our dreams. I was in a whole new world with him, in the most magical carpet ride ever.


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment